Sending a letter to Santa is a magical Christmas tradition. A smartly written letter shows Santa you are polite, plus it makes it easier for him to get you the presents you want.
The Most Important Rules
- Keep your list moderate, don’t be greedy
- Be very clear
Start by thinking about what you want to ask for in advance. Then get creative and write!
- Start with a Test List. Write a list of the things you want a few days before. Come back to your list every so often and reconsider what you wrote. Cross off items that you aren’t crazy about, keeping only the ones you really love.
- Tell Santa why you’re great. Santa is a busy guy, so he may need a little reminder about how good you’ve been. Tell him about your accomplishments at school, the nice things you’ve done for your family and friends, and how well you’ve listened to your parents.
- Example: “I helped my little sister tie her shoes last week” or “I cleaned my room right away when my parents asked.”
- Be Generous. It’s a lot of fun to get presents from Santa on Christmas, but don’t forget that Christmas is all about love and compassion. Think about the people in your life. Maybe your mom is crazy about chocolate bars. Ask Santa, on her behalf, for chocolate bars. Your request doesn’t have to be a present–it can also just be a nice wish for a person you love.
- Thank Santa. It’s a lot of work delivering millions of presents to kids all over the world in a single night, so be sure to thank Santa.
- Example: “Thank you for being so kind and generous. I appreciate it!”
- Brighten up your Letter. Now that you’ve finished writing your letter, you can decorate it however you’d like! You might want to draw some Christmas trees, a reindeer, or a snowman.
- Use crayons, markers, colored pencils, and pens to draw all sorts of Christmas pictures.
- Give your Parents the Letter to Send. They’ll know how to get it to Santa. Soon, your letter will be on its way to the North Pole! Santa will be impressed by all the work you put into writing it. Ask your parents to show you the North Pole on a map so you can see where your letter is going!
With these tips, your letter is going to get to Santa and hopefully catch his attention!